How Do I?...
Click to Home
Go To Search

City News

Posted on: July 28, 2016

Know How To Properly Report Power Outages To The City

What should you do when a power outage occurs? First, check to see if your neighbors have power or if the street lights are still working.

If they are, check your electrical panel for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. If the power still is out during normal business hours, call the Geneva Public Works Department Electric Division at 630-232-1503 or report the concern online via our website at Take note, Public Works is open between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.

If the outage occurs after-hours or on the weekend, call the Geneva Police Department
non-emergency number at 630-232-4736. Police will report the outages to the Electric Division. This is more effective than using our online request tracker, which is not monitored 24 hours a day.

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in City News

Yard Waste, Brush Programs Start In April

Posted on: February 24, 2017

How To Report Power Outages To The City

Posted on: February 21, 2017

RiverPark Summer Series Coordinator Wanted

Posted on: February 17, 2017

ComEd Schedules Tree Trimming For January

Posted on: December 22, 2016

ComEd Schedules Tree Trimming For December

Posted on: November 18, 2016

Mosquito Spraying Scheduled For Aug. 29

Posted on: August 25, 2016

New Parking Fine Structure Approved

Posted on: June 23, 2016