How Do I?...
Click to Home
Go To Search

City News

Posted on: February 21, 2017

How To Report Power Outages To The City

An underground cable (outside of Geneva) that provided power to two of our substations failed Feb. 18 leaving 3,239 west side customers without electricity for about an hour. So what is the best way to report this type of outage to the City?

First, see if your neighbors have power or if the street lights are still working. If they are, check your electrical panel for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. If the power still is out during:

Normal business hours
Call the Geneva Public Works Department Electric Division at 630-232-1503 or report the concern online on our website or our mobile app. Take note Public Works is open between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.

After-hours or weekends
Call the Geneva Police Department non-emergency number at 630-232-4736. Police will report the outages to the Electric Division. This is more effective than using our online request tracker system or social media accounts, which are not monitored 24 hours a day.

Last weekend, more than 45 online requests came in via request tracker and social media. We certainly understand the convenience of technology, but picking up the phone to call after-hours can help us pinpoint and potentially resolve problems more efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation.
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in City News

Yard Waste, Brush Programs Start In April

Posted on: February 24, 2017

RiverPark Summer Series Coordinator Wanted

Posted on: February 17, 2017

ComEd Schedules Tree Trimming For January

Posted on: December 22, 2016

ComEd Schedules Tree Trimming For December

Posted on: November 18, 2016

Mosquito Spraying Scheduled For Aug. 29

Posted on: August 25, 2016

New Parking Fine Structure Approved

Posted on: June 23, 2016