Geneva Write Now
The Geneva Cultural Arts Commission's second annual short story writing contest will begin Jan. 18, 2022. Get those creative juices flowing and submit a fiction or creative nonfiction story of 1,200 words or fewer. Topic is your choice but use your imagination and mention Geneva within the storyline in some way.
The contest is open to adults (19+) residing in Geneva, and high schoolers and middle schoolers in Geneva School District 304, with $1,000 in prizes available. Celebrity guest judges will pick first, second, and third place in each category. Winners will be announced at the end of March followed by an awards ceremony at City Hall. The top three stories in each age group will be published on the City's website and promoted in social media.
- Contest is limited to the first 100 entries received.
- Works must be previously unpublished.
- Stories must be family-friendly.
- No handwritten submissions.
- Deadline for submission is Feb. 28, 2022.
- One submission per person.
- Submit entries with byline and school (if applicable) through an online submission form.
- Entries may be mailed to Geneva City Hall at 22 South First St., Geneva, IL 60134.
Categories and Prizes
Prizes will be in the form of Geneva Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates redeemable for merchandise at more than 160 Geneva shops.
For more information about Geneva Write Now, contact Cate Tracy, Business Development Analyst and Cultural Arts Commission liaison at email@example.com.