The Ooh La La Chocolate ½ Marathon, 10k and 5k run will take place Sunday, Nov. 6 in downtown Geneva.
Streets scheduled to be closed at 6 a.m. Nov. 6 include:
- Third Street from James to Franklin streets;
- Campbell Street from River Lane to Sixth Street;
- Franklin Street from Second to Sixth streets;
- Second, Fifth and Sixth streets from Campbell to Franklin streets; and
- River Lane from Campbell to South streets.
A traffic detour route will direct drivers around the race course utilizing James, Seventh, Fulton, and Third streets.
Route 31 (South First Street) will remain open during the race, but traffic will be stopped periodically at the intersection of Campbell Street to allow runners to cross the state highway.
Police officers will be providing traffic control in the area, but motorists should use caution when driving in the downtown due to the large crowd anticipated to attend and participate in the race. All streets are expected to be reopened by 11:30 a.m. Nov. 6.
The event is privately run and not sponsored by the City of Geneva. For more information, visit the Ooh La La Chocolate Run’s website.