Can I run my business out of my house or apartment?
Any resident is permitted to run a traditional home occupation as long as it does not change the residential character of the neighborhood. Home occupations are allowed as an accessory use in a primary structure and as a special use in an accessory building in residential zoning districts. There should be no outward indication of the home based business, nor shall any signage be posted. Additionally, there should be no employees other than those living at the house and the business must not cause traffic or parking problems. Finally, only one (1) vehicle associated with a home occupation may be parked at/in front of the residence at any one time.

Show All Answers

1. What types of animals am I allowed to keep and how many?
2. Can I run my business out of my house or apartment?
3. How close to a property line may I run my sump pump water?
4. How long may I have a portable storage unit or dumpster on my property?
5. What types of property maintenance problems typically raise concerns of neighborhood residents?
6. Are occasional recreational fire allowed?