My utility service has been disconnected, what should I do?

The utility service can be reconnected if your delinquent utility account balance has been paid in full (including penalties and reconnection fees) with cash, money order, certified check or credit card. Checks will not be accepted. Payments can be made in person at the Finance Department, 15 S. First St., or by calling 630-232-0854.

A reconnection fee will be assessed to your account based on the time/day service was reinstated:

  • $75 between 7 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.;
  • $250 between 2:30 p.m. and 9:59 p.m.; and
  • $300 on a Sunday or on a designated City holiday. 

After business hours, payments can be made at the Geneva Police Department, 20 Police Plaza, or by calling 630-232-4736.

Show All Answers

1. How do I start and/or stop my utility (electric, water and sewer) service?
2. How do I pay for my utility bill?
3. I received a yellow "Past Due Notification Letter," can I make payment arrangements?
4. My utility service has been disconnected, what should I do?
5. What if I dispute a charge on my City utility bill?
6. I made a payment through my bank's Online Bill Pay service. Why did I receive a late penalty?
7. What are the current electric rates?
8. What are the current water and sewer rates?
9. How do I check my water usage?
10. How do I check for water leaks?
11. Who are the utility service providers within City of Geneva?
12. What is the cost of recycling?
13. Who provides garbage pickup service?