Senior Care Program
The Geneva Police Department, in cooperation with the Geneva Fire Department and TriCom Emergency Dispatch Center, is pleased to introduce Operation Senior Care.
The Geneva Police Department invites all citizens 60 years of age and older who live or work in the Geneva Fire Protection District to register with Operation Senior Care by completing the confidential Emergency Information Form and returning it to the Police Department. This critical information will be made available to emergency medical personnel who respond to emergency situations when the participant is either unconscious or otherwise unable to provide the information.
Each participant will also be issued an Operation Senior Care Membership Card that can be carried in a wallet or purse.
If you have any questions regarding Operation Senior Care or would like assistance completing the Emergency Information Form, please call the Operation Senior Care Officer at the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.
Senior citizens may also be interested in the following resource information:
In 2004, law enforcement agencies from Geneva, Batavia, Elburn, St. Charles and Kane County, along with Geneva Township, Delnor-Community Hospital Senior Vitality and Kane County Senior Services Association, signed a cooperative agreement to form the Central Kane County Triad. The purpose and goals of the Triad are as follows:
- To increase awareness of crimes against senior citizens.
- To sponsor programs for senior citizens to reduce fear of crime and educate older citizens about preventive measures they can take to protect themselves.
- To emphasize the abuse, neglect, and exploitation for senior citizens as crimes.
- To improve communication and understanding between seniors and law enforcement.
- To improve communication and understanding of the different roles of elder abuse agencies, and other appropriate organizations.
- To provide 911 cell phones to those who need them at each of these programs.