Disability Parking Placard

I'm disabled, how do I get a disability parking placard?

Permanent disability parking placards or license plates are issued by the State of Illinois to people who are "unable to walk 200 feet or more unassisted by another person or without the aid of a walker, crutches, braces, prosthetic device wheelchair or without great difficulty or discomfort due to the following impairments: neurological, orthopedic, respiratory, cardiac, arthritic disorder, blindness or loss of function or absence of a limb, or limbs."

A licensed physician must sign the application for disability parking placards or plates. The Geneva Police Department has the forms for state-issued placard or plate. We also issue temporary disability placards to Geneva residents to help them while the State is processing their application. The temporary disability parking placard can also be issued to Geneva residents while they are recovering from a temporary injury or illness. The requirements for the temporary disability parking placard are the same as for a State placard. However, they are only valid for a three-month period.

Disability parking application forms are available on the City's website. The completed form(s) should then be brought to the Police Department for processing.