New Recruit General Testing Info
Applications Available Now
A non-refundable $35 application fee is required.
Applications must be completed and returned by 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, 2023.
Location: Geneva High School, 416 McKinley Avenue, Geneva, IL 60134
Sign-in begins at 12:30 p.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m. Arrive with photo identification to sign-in. No late admittance.
- Salary: $73,772 starting salary
- Top-end salary: $105,321 (after 8 years)
- Salary advancement considerations will be given to State certified applicants with police experience
- Overtime: Time and one-half after 8 hours/40 hours per week
- Double-time on Sundays and holidays
- Holidays: 14 paid holidays
- Insurance: Life Insurance (equal to 100 percent of annual wages); medical & dental Insurance (several options available)
- Pension: Geneva Police Pension Fund (includes disability coverage and retirement plan)
- Uniform Allowance: Complete initial uniform issue (minus soft body armor); then annually in accordance with contract.
- Requisite Training: Basic Law Enforcement
- Breath Analysis for Alcohol course
- Field Sobriety Testing (HGN) course
- John Reid Interview and Interrogation course
- Strategies and Tactics of Patrol Stops course
- Basic Traffic Accident Investigator’s course
- First-Responder Training course
- Emergency Vehicle Operator’s course
- Non-Lethal Weapons Certification Training courses
- Spanish for Police
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Not less than 21 years of age at time of application, and under 35 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement and MUST HAVE an Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university, or have successfully completed the State of Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Training course. The Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree requirement may be waived for any applicant that has served 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been dishonorably discharged or under circumstances other than honorable or if the applicant has served 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been dishonorably discharged or under circumstances other than honorable.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Possess a valid POWER test card, written examination and oral interview.
- Pass a polygraph test, psychological examination, medical examination, drug screening and extensive background investigation after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Must live within a 25-mile radius of Geneva's corporate limits by the end of the first 18 months of employment with the Geneva Police Department.
Power Test Card
Must posses a valid POWER test card issued between the dates of 6/28/22 and 6/28/23. A POWER test card can be secured at the following locations.
NIPSTA - Glenview www.nipsta.org
Joliet Junior College - Contact Janet Graham at 815-208-2674 to schedule a test
Triton College - 2000 Fifth Ave., River Grove, IL 708-456-0300 www.triton.edu/power
|Sit & Reach||16.0||15.0||13.8||12.8||18.8||17.8||16.8||16.3|
|1 Minute sit up||37||34||28||23||31||24||19||13|
|Maximum Bench Press Ratio||.98||.87||.79||.70||.58||.52||.49||.43|
|1.5 Mile Run||13.46||14.31||15.24||16.21||16.21||16.52||17.53||18.44|