A continuing goal of the Geneva Police Department’s Vacation Registration Program is to reduce the potential for residential burglaries while the owners/residents are away for extended periods of time.
To Qualify For This Program The Residence:
- Must be located within the corporate limits of Geneva.
- Must be vacant for more than 48 consecutive hours, but not longer than 30 days.
- Owner/resident must give written permission for officers of the Geneva Police Department to enter onto the property to conduct security checks and/or to investigate suspected problems.
If you wish to participate in the Vacation Registration Program please complete a registration form and return it to the Geneva Police Department. Registration Forms can be obtained at the Police Department at any time.
If you would like to have an officer come to your residence prior to your scheduled departure date to conduct a residential security check, please call 630-232-4736, or leave your name and number with the Police Department. Our crime prevention officer will get back to you and set up an appointment, but we do ask for five days for scheduling.
- Alerting your neighbors to your plans and request that they immediately report anything suspicious to the Police Department by simply calling 911.
- Arranging for your residence to look normal while you are gone (i.e., have your grass cut, snow shoveled, insure that mail and newspaper deliveries are either collected or stopped, place lights on timers.)
- Timers are available for loan at the Police Department if needed.
- Call the Police Department 630-232-4736 as soon as you return home from your vacation.
- Have a safe and enjoyable trip.